A lawn is expected to remain green and healthy if it undergoes regular maintenance. The essential part of lawn caring is fertilizing. If you are using the correct type of fertilizer, you do not have to get anxious about the lawn condition. Fertilizers are helpful for the grass as they deliver nutrients consistently. Let’s find out why you should aerate your lawn.
Here are a few tips for lawn fertilizing safety
- While selecting a particular type of fertilizer, ensure that you read everything mentioned on the pack label carefully. There are numerous fertilizer options available in the market. Selecting the right one can be a little confusing. So, you must explore each fertilizer by contacting a lawn service in Alpharetta. It would be better if you decide on the fertilizer having slow-release nitrogen.
- After buying a suitable fertilizer, it’s time to utilize it. Applying too much fertilizer may result in the speedy growth of the grass. It can even cause adverse environmental impacts. The grass of your lawn may get at risk if you are using too much herbicide. Therefore, it is a great idea to apply the right quantity, which can aid the grass to stay strong and fight against insects and weeds. In case you need any help, contact the nearest lawn service in Alpharetta.
- Most of the individuals who possess a yard do not know what the best time to fertilize is. The experts consider fall and spring the perfect time to fertilize the yard. The grass during mid-summer in the north grows very slowly. They would require fertilizer in the ideal amount. The grass can acquire stable nutrition in the summer with slow-release fertilizers. If you live in the South and have warm-season grasses like Zoysia grass or Bermuda grass, the right time to fertilize the lawn is late spring. The lawn’s grass used to grow fast at this time, and it needs more fertilizer. There are different fertilizers formulated for specific seasons.
- You can fertilize your lawn’s shrubs and other plants if your fertilizer does not comprise insecticides and herbicides.
- Wait for at least 24 hours before you use the lawn. By this time, the lawn will dry, and fertilizers settle down to the roots.
Since you have got to know how to fertilize your lawn safely, it would be more beneficial if you work under the direction of the lawn experts.